Ministering and leading Muslims to Christ since 2006
"So that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. " Philippians 2:10-11
JOIN US for bible STUDY AT CAMPAU COMMONS
You and your family are invited to join us for our weekly Bible study
Where: 821 South Division St, Grand Rapids, MI. Meet in the Conference Room by the Office.
When: Every Monday & Thursday evening
Time: 6:30 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
Transportation & Childcare are provided. For more information please contact us at
616-570-7269 or 616-532-4247.
English Language learning at Strong Tower Ministries
Strong Tower Ministries offers free English learning classes to refugees. All are welcome!
When: Saturdays from 4:00 P.M - 6:00 P.M.
Where: Strong Tower Ministries, 2851 Buchanan, Wyoming, MI 49548
Who: Classes are open to children and adults of any age
Transportation is available.
Come and learn English in a friendly and relaxed way with people who are eager to welcome you and get to know you. We will teach you how to speak, read, and write basic English words and phrases that will help you adjust to life in an English speaking country.
For more information please contact Ernest Umoh at 616-570-7269
Mission OF strong tower ministries
Take a moment to learn more about the mission we are called to do here at Strong Tower ministries. Learn about our Vision, our Principles, and learn more about our method of outreach.
The Gap in Evangelization Efforts and Christ's Call to Fill it
Southwest Michigan is home to more than 11,000 Muslims from all over the world. As of now, no church or organization works with them actively inviting them to Christ and preaching the Good News. Most of these Muslims are Bosnians but there are growing populations of Arabs, Somalis, and others. We in Strong Tower Ministry believe that the Lord brought these Muslim people here for a purpose. Here in Michigan they can easily be reached with the Gospel without fear of persecution or oppression.
Our vision is to bring Muslims into fellowship with Christ and to help them plant a church where they can worship using their cultural ways. That means creating a hospitable environment and culturally appropriate space that focuses on matters relevant to the unique situation of our present context here in Southwest Michigan.
Our principles are biblical values that guide our approach to evangelization and determine our ethical interaction with Muslims.
1. Great Commissions; we believe the Lord commanded us to preach and evangelize and we embody that call with our ministry. (Matthew 28: 16-20)
2. Great Commandment; we believe the Lord taught us the most important commandment. We love the Lord and for the Lord's sake we love our neighbors, be they Muslim or Christian. We reach out because we believe this love transforms lives in positive and admirable ways. (Matthew 22:36-40)
3. Respectful and honoring interaction; we respect and treat our Muslim neighbors with love of Christ. We reject hatred, manipulation, and aggression as invalid for evangelization. (1 Peter 3:14-15)
4. Bible as the Word of God; we believe that the Bible is the Word of God teaching about salvation and the Christian life. As such all our doctrines are based on the Bible. (2 Timothy 3:16)
Our Methods of Outreach
We at Strong Tower Ministries use many methods to reach out in Christ's name to Muslims, especially to Somali immigrants. Our methods are biblical, ethical, and relevant to the person and situation, and we use them with caution to avoid any appearance of abuse. Our main methods of outreach which we emphasize are listed below.
1. Evangelize - we evangelize as we contact Muslims and meet their needs. We talk to them about Christ, sin, the need for salvation and what Christ did for human beings.
2. Door-to-door outreach - we visit Somali people in their homes for fellowship, encouragement and teaching them about faith in Christ.
3. Teaching the Bible - we organize classes for those who want to take another step and study Bible in greater depth.
4. Teaching basic skills for adjusting to the local culture - we equip refugee Muslims and those who desire with basic computer skills and English.
5. Creating worship opportunities - we preach and organize worship services for those who thirst for Christ and are willing to worship Him.
6. Meeting daily needs - we provide refugees with mobility, contacts to find jobs, preparing documents, etc.
7. Defending the faith - we politely and gently defend the Gospel of Christ from Islamic teachings that goes against the Bible.
8. Increasing awareness for outreach - we speak in churches, teach on Islam and share testimonies to help people appreciate the need for outreach.
Current Situation of Ministry
For now our ministry needs to affiliate with a church or church organization and garner support from faithful believers who take the challenge of reaching Muslims for Christ seriously. Also we need a strategically located space to gather and worship with those who already accepted Christ. So far we have approximately sixty to sixty- five people who are leaving Islam and coming to Christ. All of them are in need of being taught and discipled.
Trinity Christian Reformed Church, Grandville, MI is the parenting church for our church plant. They have provided support for the rent of our building and the cost of a variety of incidentals. Trinity is actively trying to raise more funds to provide for salary support for Ernest Umoh, the church planter.
We also receive support from Alive Ministries in Jenison, MI. Churches of Classis Georgetown have contributed a various items for the church building. Beechwood RCA of Holland, MI, is helping with contacts in the RCA and Agshin Jafarov is assisting with his expertise in ministering to Muslims. Bethany Christian Services of Grand Rapids, MI, is helping us with contacts for newly arrived refugees.
In addition to these, several American and Somali individuals volunteer to help us to accomplish what the Lord calls us to do. We are in need of more partners especially those, who would be willing to commit deeply and affiliate with us.
Strong Tower Ministries
church address: 2851 Buchanan, Wyoming, MI 49548
mailing address: 2112 Audobon St, Wyoming, MI 49519